Florastor is the world's most widely used probiotic because it leaves you feeling like yourself again. When it comes to your gut and intestinal health, be proactive and get the results that Florastor delivers.
Studied and Trusted
First available in Europe in 1953, Florastor® is the trusted probiotic supplement that helps keep intestines functioning well in adults and children in more than 100 countries around the globe. Providing all the benefits of an all-natural, friendly yeast, Florastor helps you get more out of your probiotic and keeps you feeling like yourself.
Florastor Yeast Probiotics Versus Other Bacterial Probiotics
- Yeast cells are bigger than bacterial cells, so yeast can provide increased gut coverage and further protect the intestinal tract.
- Yeast can withstand the harsh environment of the stomach, while many bacteria are destroyed by acids in the stomach before they even reach the intestines.†1
- The body naturally eliminates the yeast in Florastor within five to seven days after use is stopped.†1
- Florastor yeast probiotics are not destroyed by antibiotics†1 that can kill bacteria, including bacterial probiotics such as those in probiotic yogurt.
- A yeast probiotic can increase the production of immunoglobulin A (IgA), the primary antibody to promote health and defend against infection.
Florastor Versus Bacterial Probiotics:
|Probiotic Characteristic||Florastor®†||Bacterial Probiotics‡|
|Unique cellular advantage||Larger cell size for increased gut coverage||Yes (10 µm)||No (1 µm)|
|Viable at a lower pH to survive gastric digestion1||Yes||Limited|
|Not compromised by antibiotics1||Yes||Limited|
|More complex cell structure prevents transfer of antibiotic resistance||Yes||No|
|Reaches colon in an active state1||Yes||Limited|
|Intestinal cell growth||Enhances production of short-chain fatty acids (preferred energy source for enterocytes)7||Yes||Limited|
|Increases brush border enzymes (lactase, sucrase, maltase)4||Yes||Limited|
|Immune response||Stimulates increased secretory IgA to support a healthy immune system8||Yes||Limited|
|Safety||Does not lead to permanent intestinal colonization1||Yes||Yes|
|Appropriate for ages 2 months and up2||Yes||Limited|
|‡Bacterial probiotics are limited to strain-specific data.|
For contraindications and safe practices, please see the Healthcare Professionals section.